Monday, 19 March 2007

Is your mac hot??

Does your mac (specifically macbook) get really hot with use??

Mine certainly does... actually to the point of lightly burning my skin if I am using it on my lap wearing shorts etc.

Recently I downloaded smc Fan Control. It is a tiny but great free programme that lets you increase the minimum fan speed to make your mac book run cooler. It works like a charm and within minutes the mac is running cooler and no longer is a danger to me.

Recently I have also added this application to my start up list so that it automatically loads when I start my computer. I am finding that setting the fan control to "higher RPM" is proving beneficial too.

Smc Fan Control now just runs seamlessly in the background and displays a reading of the temp and rpm that the fans are running at.

Sorry macbook... you're not so hot anymore :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Rachel...I was having this problem too and using a very technical piece of equipment...2 post it pads under the back of my MacBook to lift it and assist in air circulation...this is much better ;-)
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for taking the time to leave me a comment. I genuinely appreciate each and every one of them :)