Tuesday, 12 September 2006

Put a video on your blog - You Tube

Today we made a video in class to show our parents how we skip count in 2's to solve multiplication problems. Then I edited the movie in imovie and uploaded it to my blog.

Two good options for uploading your completed movie to the web are Castpost and You Tube. I have no idea which is better but at the moment Castpost is full and not taking any new members, therefore You Tube is probably your best bet!

HERE IS THE PROCESS I FOLLOWED:

  • First we story-boarded our ideas on the whiteboard - these included an introduction, explanation of what we were doing and an example of us doing it.
  • Then we chose different students to say each part.
  • After that we practised and I videoed each part in sections.
  • Then with a student's help I uploaded my video to my imovie programme on my laptop via the USB cable.
  • After school I played around with the video, cutting & splicing it and adding some effects.
  • Then I had to get my GIANT full sized video small enough to put on the web. To do this I clicked on File>Share>Email on imovie. This compressed my movie to 10 frames per second and dramatically reduced the file size. I emailed the movie to myself so I could upload it.
  • Then I grabbed my movie from my email and uploaded it to You Tube!

    Gosh, sounds more complicated when you write it out like that doesn't it! I haven't much experience with full-on editing in imovie so that part of the process took me w wee while, it wasn't a perfect job but we all learn from our first attempts don't we!






    NOTE: If your internet connection is slow or dial up we suggest you let the video play once sluggishly (right until the end) while you have a cuppa. It will then be easier to view the second time it has loaded.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    THANKS for taking the time to leave me a comment. I genuinely appreciate each and every one of them :)